Friday, November 30, 2012

THE SECRET BEHIND MY QUALITY FOOTWEAR IS THAT I USE QUALITY FABRICS......PUSH

Push, a name synonymous with quality and durable shoes has so far been a household name in the country. Most people have been curious to know the brain behind this exquisite footwear, some say it’s an Italian, others say it’s Spanish. The brain behind Push is no other person but Bosah Chibuzo Felix a talented and intelligent young Nigerian. In an interview with Cindy Amos, Emeka revealed the secrets behind his famous designer shoes.

Excerpts:
How long have you been in business?  
Approximately a year now
How did you come about the name Push?
 It is an inspiration from God, I was praying and the name Push just dropped into me
Apart from shoes, what else do you make?
For now we are focused on footwear, most masculine and feminine footwear.  Our watchword is building standard through durable, unique, quality and at the same time affordable shoes.  I am into only shoes for now because I believe in the word that says ‘’solidify your household before you diversify’’.
Did you learn the job?
 No, it’s a passion I developed because I’ve always been an artiste, I draw a lot. I often draw shoes because I have passion for shoes, so I started designing and sketching and push shoes evolved from there.
What are the challenges you have experienced so far in your business?
 Honestly speaking, it has not been rosy but the lord has been faithful.  One needs to fall to stand.  I remember when we first started, we had issues of clients promising and not meeting up with their promises. They come, make demands, then you make the designs and they don’t come to collect it.   And when you call them, they don’t pick your calls. Another challenge is the feelings some people have towards African products, some believe in travelling to probably UK, Spain or Italy to buy their products. But now, things are better, that’s why you hear the name Push everywhere.
What are your good times in the business?
I feel happy because this work brings me out, a lot of time people call from Spain, US, Uk, many other countries outside Nigeria and they commend my designs greatly. They often ask that I come over. Since I cannot always travel because it will affect my business, when I get demand outside Nigeria, I ship them.  The demand is even higher in the international markets because people are surprise about the quality and durability of my product despite the fact that they are handmade. 
How can you describe the bulk of your clientele? 
It’s so amazing.  I have clients in more than ten countries. Apart from Nigeria, I have clients in the UK, US, Spain, Italy, Malaysia, Norway and other African countries some other many more .  
Do you work with a team?
Yes I do, I cannot do all the work alone, but I as the CEO, I oversee everything.
What’s the secret behind your quality shoes?
 It’s simple, we use quality fabrics. 
Can you tell us about yourself?
I am from Anambra State, Nigeria, from a family of five, I am the last. I attended to St Gregory’s college ikoyi, graduated from Lagos State University LASU, majored in computer science.
Since you studied computer science, how did you deviate from being a computer scientist to an artiste?
Yes, I know there’s a big difference between an artiste and a scientist, besides, it doesn’t connect. But sincerely speaking, in today’s society, nothing connects. It’s about what you can do to survive. Also discovering your talent, develop passion in it and earn from it.  It’s just like creating a design almost effortlessly out of passion and people are purchasing it. Moreover, when you look at the labour markets, there are no jobs; the only way to make it is to be an entrepreneur.  It’s not like I’m doing this because I cannot get a job, but this is my own passion. 
Are you married or in a relationship?   No, I’m neither married nor in a relationship.
Why?
I think I have been more focused on my business.
What can you say about African fashion?
We are evolving, and we are doing great works already. Gone are the days when people relegate African fashion. In recent time, it’s glaring that African fashion has created a niche for itself in the global world and people cannot help but embrace it.

What advice do you have for people who wish to go into this line of business?  
You need to be ready for the worse and at the same time ready for the best. It will go bad but it will always get better provided you have passion, you need to have serious passion, believe in yourself and also believe in God. Then you should know that it’s not only about the name but the quality, the name can only give your clients but cannot retain them, but quality can.
Leave a message for your fans
I love you all and I will always do, without you there is no Push. Please surge your patronage and I promise not to let you down as I will always give you the best. Thank you, I am 

eternally grateful.




4 comments:

  1. These designs are amazing, how can i get the contact details

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visit the fan page Daniel... you will get all the info you need Here is the link to the page https://www.facebook.com/pushxclusive

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the idea of this post and I feel that this is a very unique and rare information that you have managed to put together.Urban Styles

    ReplyDelete